Whether you’re looking for metal garages or Metal Buildings with Living Quarters, Our 20 x 40 galvanized and red iron steel metal buildings have the perfect plans for you. Highly durable and cost-effective, these 40′ metal buildings are the perfect choice for commercial spaces and residential storage, making to fit about 800 square feet of area.
20 x 40 Metal Building For Sale
Steel And Stud is a leading supplier of steel building kits and materials in the US. We provide an extensive range of metal building solutions, including custom steel garage buildings, pre-engineered steel buildings, commercial warehouse buildings, and all needed steel components.
Call us now to get a free quote on the most popular sizes of storage buildings.
20 x 40 Metal Building Kit- Features
The biggest advantage of 20×40 steel building kits is “that it is cost-effective .” These metal buildings are built to last snow loads or high winds and come with a long-term warranty. Steel buildings are also much more affordable than traditional wooden structures, so they can be a good choice if you’re on a budget.-
All Our 20’X40′ steel buildings kits are shipped with a 20-year steel frame warranty. Our steel building kits will include materials as per the customized order:
2023 Best 20 x 40 Metal Building Plans Available For Sale
We live in a world where natural disasters and damaging winds are regular occurrences. Numerous regions of the United States Of America are susceptible to landslides, heavy storms, and tornadoes. Therefore, homeowners must take precautions to protect their residences and businesses from such disasters, and metal building kits have proven to be a robust option to do so. Besides being resistant to disasters, these also offer homeowners an affordable price quote. When it comes to extra space, a 20×40 metal building kit from Steel And Stud is exactly what you need. Its maximum amount of space can be used for residential and commercial purposes.
20’x40′ Steel Buildings Available For Sale to Cater to the Following Purposes:
20 x 40 Steel Buildings Warranty Details
Sheet Metal Warranty
14 Gauge Frame Warranty
12 Gauge Frame Warranty
- 20’x40′ Shipped Dimensions
- Manufacturing Source –We Manufacture All Diy Frame Kits In The Usa Using American Sourced Materials.
- 40′ -Wide Metal Building Certification Details
We provide certified material as per your area’s local codes ratings when needed. . When you share your details with us, we ensure to use the best anchors and braces for the steel building kit holding the structure against high wind and snow.
Call Us To Discuss Exact Certification Details.
Customized 20 x 40 Metal Buildings
Metal buildings of 20X40 dimensions can be customized in a variety of ways.
- It is possible to change the look and feel of the exterior by working on it.
- Transfigure your metal building’s look using glass, wood, rocks and stones, fiber and cement boards.
- You can also change the style of the doors and windows.
- You can also paint the interior and exterior walls for a completely updated look.
- 20 X 40 metal buildings have expandable end walls. Besides being flexible in placement, it can accommodate large openings and overhead doors. Additional frames and pillars can be added to expand the space.
Additionally, 20 X 40 metal buildings can also be converted to a variety of other styles, such as
- Steel buildings with apartments
- Steel buildings with lofts for living quarters &
- Steel garages with living quarters
Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings In Standard Sizes With The Cost
|Metal Building Kit||Cost|
20 x 30 Metal Building Kit
$6,000 – $7,000
20 x 40 Metal Building Kit
$7,000 – $8,000
20 x 60 Metal Building Kit
$10,000 – $ 12,000
40 x 20 Metal Building Kit
$7,000 – $8,000
40 x 30 Metal Building Kit
$9,000 – $11,000
40 x 40 Metal Building Kit
$12,000 – $13,000
40 x 50 Metal Building Kit
$14,000 – $16,000
20×40 Metal Building Prices: Counting Up the Total Cost
Whether you want to build a Metal Building garage, living area, cafeteria, storage hall or any other building occupying a space of 800 square feet, this kit of 20×40 can be convenient for you.
On average, the kit will cost you anywhere from $8160 to $8800 (around $10.20 to $11.00 per square foot).
Note: Please be aware that the quoted price (above) is for the prefabricated kit.
But when it comes to the complete erection of a metal building, there are specific costs that need to be taken into consideration, like:
- Based on the quality of the wall and roof panels you go for, it is estimated that the construction cost for a 20×40 metal building will range between $5 and $10.
- In addition, make sure you add on the labour cost as it proportionally influences the construction cost.
- Changes in the dimensions of 20×40 metal buildings can impact the calculation of the cost in various ways:
- For example, increasing the width or height will augment the metal building cost as more compression members, tension members, combined force members, bending members, and connections will be required.
- Metal building’s overall price is also affected by the gauge of the steel.
- A gauge of steel specifies how thick a metal sheet is; if the sheet is thick, it will provide more strength (which will alter the cost) and vice versa.
- Metal building insulation minimizes the structure’s condensation and heat transfer problems.
- The quality of insulation, namely the U-Value, Vapour Retarders & R-Value, can significantly impact the metal structure price quotes.
- Furthermore, the purpose of building installation also decides the need and levels for insulation, altering the overall costs in the final quote.
- Door sizes also alter the metal building prices.
- The broader and more the opening, the more gear (equipment) will have to be installed for the power to be achieved appropriately, which could result in a higher quote (price).
Other walks and garage doors increase the prices of steel structures due to higher manufacturing costs and operating equipment demands.
- Metal buildings must have solid and stable foundations that can endure even the most extreme and unpredictable weather conditions.
- That being said, when it comes to concrete foundation costs, they range between $4 to $8 per sq. ft. Moreover, other foundation options for the metal building include slab foundation, piers and perimeter walls. Depending on the usage and type of building, Steel and Stud expert will help you decide the best foundation types.
The most common concrete foundation costs around $0.50 to $1.50 per square foot, and other options may vary between $4 to $8 per square foot.
- Steel and Stud metal building experts can help you make the right decisions regarding the planning and construction of a 20×40 metal building to ensure they are adequately ventilated and built to last.
- Moreover, there is also the option of customisation, where owners can specify a certain number of openings and windows (which will enhance the structure cost) according to the type of niche (business or personal) they are operating in.
Note- Prices on this website may change without any notice and should be read in conjunction with the terms & conditions published on this website. Also, we do not include the cost of concrete, insulation, and installation in our pricing.
Things To Consider When Buying A 20 X 40 Metal Building
A metal building kit is an excellent investment no matter what your requirements or budget are, so make sure you carefully consider all the options available before making your selection.
We’ve compiled a list of factors to consider when comparing metal buildings so that you can make an informed buying decision.
- Ensure that the metal building dealer you choose uses high-quality steel and accessories. Go for that company whose reputation is stellar, has years of expertise, and is highly rated by its customers.
With Steel And Stud, you’ll get all these traits right from concept to completion. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you along the way and are ready to address all your questions.
- Make sure you know the exact dimensions of the location where you plan to install the metal building.
- Make sure you identify all the needs and requirements you expect the metal building kit to fulfill and then determine its size accordingly.
- Check state or country laws & norms to ensure the installation of the metal building kit is legal in your area. Consider changing some dimensions if specific sizes can’t be installed due to zoning or laws restrictions.
Finance For 20×40 Metal Building
Metal Building may cost a considerable amount, and there are two ways to finance it-
Finance it by Yourself
If you have planned for the cost of metal building and are ready to bear the entire cost yourself, this is the most cost-saving method. Financing metal building yourself will eliminate any interest or penalty costs, thereby helps saving money in the long run.
Opt for a Bank or Credit Union
Another option to get your loans is through a financial institution. Opt for loans from banks or credit unions you’re already a part of, as they have all the records from your transactional history and may help pitch a competitive price for the loan.
Prerequisite for 20×40 Metal Building Installation
Our prefab metal building kit has all the purlins, bolts, and nuts needed to build your structure.
But before proceeding with the building, there are a few prerequisites to take care of:
- Make sure you have a solid concrete foundation for the structural installations.
- A local government permit is also required to avoid fines or demolition of your metal building.
- Lastly, ensure that you have all the necessary equipment like anchor bolts, a bolt remover, a screw gun, a metal cutter to hoist, tin snips, equipment for offloading trucks, labours, and an extension ladder for erecting & installing the metal structure.
Why Our 20 x 40 Metal Buildings Are Best For You
Our 20×40 metal building is primarily made out of heavy-duty steel. These prefabricated metal buildings are a great option for quickly building a secure and reliable structure. When you’re looking to build a new building or improve the facade, you can have us as your reliable contractor to get the job done right the first time and do it to save you money.
A metal building can be used for just about anything, from a garage to a house to an industrial warehouse or enclosed space to store your tools.
Steel structures are highly durable and offer various benefits for various uses, including Metal Garages, Utility Carports, Farm Buildings, Utility RV Covers, warehouses, retail stores, office buildings, temporary facilities, etc.
Steel building systems are perfect for industrial or commercial applications and are available in different standard configurations.
With custom steel structures, you can enjoy the aesthetic benefits of your buildings and still receive the strength needed to withstand wear and tear.
Designing a functional and beautiful building is our ultimate goal. We design metal buildings that are functional, comfortable, and visually pleasing. If you need a custom steel building other than a wood structure, look at Steel and stud.com.
The average cost of a 20X40 metal building is competitive in the market.
Our cost includes the base building kit package, but turnkey installation and construction costs will vary depending on the project.
We don’t use traditional installation methods; instead, we use new lifting equipment that helps us work in detail construction.
For turnkey installation, add $5-10 per square foot for construction and $5-10/sq ft for foundation costs.
Our prices are subject to many factors. For a ‘ballpark’ estimate, consider this.
- Roof styles, including regular horizontal, A-frame horizontal, and vertical roofs.
- Metal buildings have concrete, asphalt, or rebar anchors.
- Current steel prices
- Colour options available: white, beige, brown, and burgundy.
- Doors sizes may range from 72 to 80 inches, and types may include roll-up door sizes of 6×6, 8×7, 9×7 to 10×10.
- Rigid Frame’ or ‘Quonset Hut’ style Kit
- 20X40 Concrete Slab Cost
- Construction Costs
Our 20X40 Metal buildings are made from heavy-duty certified galvanized Steel. Also, we use only top branded, high-quality accessories for robust structure.
Our steel building structures offer the best protection against heavy snow, tornadoes, hurricanes, and high winds. They are also fire-proof and termite-proof. In addition, they are resistant to rusting, rotting, and warping.
You can also choose from various metal building colours for better aesthetics.
Steel and Stud offer a wide range of commercial and residential construction options. From single-story buildings to high-rise apartment complexes, 20’x40′ steel buildings are versatile, sustainable, and cost-efficient for any size project.
Our 20’x 40′ customers come from various industries, including healthcare, education, office buildings, retail stores, etc. Also, our speed of construction, energy efficiency, and safety are unmatched by any other building system.
Our ability to customize metal buildings can reduce construction time and cost while providing occupants with a comfortable, attractive, and safe environment.
How To Order
If you wish to buy from Steel and Studs, you may select the 20×40 Metal buildings tab and use the online builder to input all the details of your area. You may proceed to order and generate an invoice inclusive of tax.
Our return policy is simple and transparent. All requirements should be resolved before ordering because if a permit is denied for reasons other than your plans, your deposit will not be refunded.
We have different payment gateways for easy transactions. We accept payment through Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard
Other Metal Building Sizes Available
Here are Steel & Stud Most Popular Customized Sizes for metal buildings. We can also get them customized as per your requirements:
|Metal Building Sizes||Metal Building Sizes||Metal Building Sizes||Metal Building Sizes|
20x40 Metal Building
Our Convenient Locations to Serve You.
We help design and construct metal buildings or red iron buildings for more space. We install in 48 states, including Alabama, Maryland, and California. Expect installation within four weeks from the order date. Deliveries of 10X40 metal building kits may experience slight delays, but we endeavor to serve you as fast as possible with the shortest possible delivery time.
At Steel and Stud, we contact our customers within 60 days of receiving their orders. Customers may experience delays when ordering metal buildings wider than 24 feet, as they need longer manufacturing time.
If you’re in the market for an Arrow, Versa tube, or ShelterLogic 20X40 metal building near me, then Steel and Stud long-lasting is here for you.
Alaska Metal Buildings
Hawaii Metal Buildings
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can visit this page and order the size you want.
Please contact us at our phone number. We will be happy to help you.
We will need more specifications before sharing the price of metal buildings. Please drop us a message or contact us on the phone.
Yes, we have a metal shop kit available in various sizes. Please visit us on this page to order fully customizable prefabricated metal shop kits.
Please connect with us by phone to help us know more about your problem.
Yes, steel and stud are your trusted partner for metal buildings, metal storage, steel garages, sheds, barns, carports, etc.
You need a metal building permit (according to your location) to avoid fines and prevent your best-laid plans from going awry.
All of our buildings are manufactured by structural experts at Steel and Studs, providing various customization and pre-fabricated option according to your space needs.
Checking local building codes is vital because they shield you against a variety of hazards:
- Whether it’s through the implementation of safe wiring.
- Preventing fires
- Strengthened structural integrity
Note: Local building codes keep communities safer from these hazards when they are up-to-date.
Yes, we do refer an Independent Contractor to install your metal building. Furthermore, charges for the installation of this independent contractor may differ.
A 20×40 metal building may require 2-3 days to construct the basic structure. Sometimes, the time and price may increase depending on the level of customisation requested.
An insulated metal structure will be more energy efficient, comfortable, and acclimatizing. Adding some insulation systems to your metal building will be a sound investment in the long run.
Steel buildings are usually twice as cost-effective, are easier to build, and typically require half the time to build compared to traditional construction methods.
No, prefabricated metal buildings do not come with structural plans.
You can find several tutorials online to assist you with the installation. However, seeking professional assistance will ensure perfection and reduce future structural risks. Contact our executives to learn more about the free installation policy we offer at Steel and Stud.
A metal building installation requires some preliminary work, such as
- Levelling the ground
- Installing beams, purlins, & roofs
- And other minute details
Steel and Stud provide professional assistance during the installation process.
You’ll need the following tools to perform the task on your own:
- Chalk lines
- Wire brushes
- Crescent and socket wrenches
- Cordless drill and bits
- Utility knives
- Large screwdrivers
- Chains and ropes
- Levels (3′ or longer)
- Power wrenches
- Saw horses
- Sturdy ladders
The project’s price of a 20×40 Metal Building or any other size does not include the cost of concrete and the erection of the structure.